(This position may not be assigned all of the duties listed, nor do the listed examples include all the duties that may be assigned). Participates as a team member and represents the FCRO in various internal and external activities and projects, including committees, commissions, working groups, public events, workshops, and training activities. Participates on the FCRO management team providing input on decision-making regarding FCRO operational and strategic direction. Leads, manages, and strengthens the research team by providing ongoing coaching, feedback, and support to build their capacity to advance the mission of the FCRO. Plans and conducts large scale research projects as well as specialized research analysis in support of the FCRO’s mission and strategic direction. Responsible for start-to-finish research design, development and process, including but not limited to identifying objectives, sampling, testing/validation, calibration and monitoring performance. Ensure adequate internal control processes. Perform data mining, aggregating and querying multiple data sources. Develops data collection policies and practices and monitors uniform data collection compliance and quality across the organization. Validates data to ensure accuracy, quality, and integrity of FCRO data. Provides clear and useful reports for internal and external stakeholders as needed to fulfill the FCRO’s statutory responsibilities. Develops relationships with other agencies, organizations, and strategic partners to collaborate across the child welfare and juvenile justice stakeholder community. Writes proposals as necessary to fund or initiate research or special projects. Keeps current regarding emerging technologies and advances in the field of data analysis and reporting. Compiles data, performs analysis, and prepares clear and useful reports, graphs, and charts to support the FCRO’s internal needs, including continuous quality improvement. Conducts research and analysis of issues as requested, including writing and submission of reports, white papers, and refereed journals and trade publications and presentations at conferences and trainings.
REQUIREMENTS: Master’s Degree in social/behavioral sciences or related field and three (3) years’ experience with progressive data management and research responsibilities OR
PEFERRED: Ph.D. or Ph.D. candidate in social/behavioral sciences ore related field and at least one year relevant experience, including the following:
- Ability to analyze information and data, summarize findings, and present them in ways easily understandable to decision-makers
- Strong background in statistics and technical/academic writing
- Experience in research design and data analysis
- Proficient in the use of advanced statistical techniques and software, including Access, Excel, SPSS, SAS, and Stata
- Experience using data visualization technology, such as Tableau and Power BI
- Experience in successfully designing and conducting research independently within or in partnership with other organizations
- Demonstrated experience in interpreting and applying state and federal laws and standards Experience designing and coordinating the implementation of research projects within organizational constraints and resource limitations.
- Experience working with government bodies, including the Legislature, advisory boards, committees and commissions
- Experience supporting and training staff and community partners that are unfamiliar with research, to collect, manage, and analyze data
- Familiarity with basic child welfare and juvenile justice practices
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Successful candidate must have the following knowledge, skills, and abilities: Knowledge/understanding of data concepts and ability to develop queries for statistical analyses; understanding of data limitations and research methods
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to think strategically while remaining focused on goals and objectives
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse stakeholders from a wide variety of professional backgrounds and experiences
- Highly proficient and knowledgeable in the use of current computer software and tools related to data collection, analysis, visualization, and reporting
- High level of organization and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, be persistent, and solve problems as they arise
- Strong oral and written communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills for facilitating and developing strategic relationships
- Ability to lead and manage a team
View the full job description and apply online here.