Your time at work should be fulfilling. Rewarding. Inspiring. That’s what you’ll find when you join one of our non-profit CHI facilities across the nation. You’ll find challenging, rewarding work every day alongside people who have as much compassion as you. Join us and together we’ll create healthier, stronger communities.
The Clinical Data Analyst works with management and staff to define problems, devise solutions, perform work flow analysis, quality control and problem and change management. The position analyzes, reports, presents and encourages the use of data to monitor and improve care and for designing related processes and systems. The Clinical Analyst supports advanced clinical quality inquiry leading to ad hoc report generation and further investigative analysis, often leading to new clinically relevant information used to improve quality, safety, service and growth. The position facilitates the establishment of a data driven culture in the clinical quality and operational areas
- Responsible for collecting, tracking and reporting quality measures /indicators across the system.
- Produces reports that are timely and accurate.
- Seeks opportunities to automate or otherwise improve the accuracy and efficiency of data collection and reporting.
- Able to speak about business issues outside of data management, including clinical finance,clinical operations, clinical quality metrics, and process improvements to insure proper focus and results against performance metrics
- Provide project leadership and ongoing support of multiple clinical systems
- Provide collection and distribution of data and other documents to meet regulatory and system benchmarking requirements
- Perform project support, data analysis and synthesis of clinical and administrative data from multiple sources into meaningful summary reports and presentations
- Attend multi-disciplinary team meetings and review data for opportunities for improvement
- Able to identify major trends in data collection, prepare graphs and measurement tools and report variances in data
- Demonstrate ability to merge clinical and financial data, database creation and management
Bachelor’s degree required.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and abilities
Minimum of three years of experience conducting and reporting complex data analyses using statistical methods, preferably in an applied clinical environment. Business management experience in addition to experience in Cerner, Epic, Meditech, Allscripts, Premier helpful. Working knowledge of National Quality Forum (NQF), Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ), Institutes for Healthcare Improvement (IHI) safety indicators, serious reporting events, safe medical practices, and Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) quality measures helpful.
Minimum of 3 years experience in the discipline preferred.