The Environmental Council of the States (ECOS) (www.ecos.org) is accepting applications for a Project Associate to work with their technical research program – the Interstate Technology and Regulatory Council (ITRC).
ECOS is the national non-profit, non-partisan association of state and territorial environmental leaders. The purpose of ECOS is to improve the environmental capabilities of state environmental agencies and their leaders to protect and improve human health and the environment of the United States. To facilitate that, ECOS staff work with state environmental directors to champion the role of states, provide for the exchange of ideas, foster cooperation and coordination, and articulate state positions to federal agencies, Congress, and the public.
The Interstate Technology and Regulatory Council (ITRC) is a state-led coalition of public and private sector members working to reduce barriers to the use of innovative air, water, waste, and remediation environmental technologies and processes. ITRC produces documents and training that broaden technical knowledge and expedite quality regulatory decision-making while protecting human health and the environment.
|Job Description |
Primary responsibilities include:
· Assist technical teams with environmental research including state surveys and outreach
· Generate team products such as videos, presentation materials, and informational sheets
· Create ITRC team guidance materials to support successful team management
· Maintain ITRCS presence at relevant conferences and meetings
· Manage communication on ITRC social media and the ITRC website
· Write news items and newsletters and handle communication with other state associations
· Identify new funding opportunities and develop grants for new funding resources
· Solicit partners and assist in proposal development for new ITRC teams
· Develop Board materials, meeting minutes, and manage ad-hoc subcommittee meetings
· Manage ITRC meeting tasks such as registration, meeting materials, webinars, app development, and provide on-site meeting support
· Undergraduate communications, journalism, or environmental degree with two to three years post-graduate professional experience.
· Excellent internal and external oral and written communication and organization skills.
· Ability to work independently on project work and as a team member with colleagues.
· High degree of personal accountability, professionalism, accountability, and motivation.
· Ability to work on many projects simultaneously and to prioritize tasks.
· Knowledge of marketing techniques and communicating on professional social media.
The annual salary for this position is dependent upon qualifications and ranges from $45,000 to $55,000. Competitive benefits provided. This is a full time, non-exempt position in Washington D.C. with the hours of 9am to 5pm, Monday through Friday.
To Apply To apply for this position, send a resume and cover letter by May 25, 2020 to Patricia Reyes, ITRC Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. ECOS is an equal opportunity employer. Position will remain open until filled.