The Youth and Schools Program Manager will implement and manage Unified Champion Schools initiatives in schools and communities statewide. Initiatives also include Young Athletes and the Youth Activation Committee. The Youth and Schools Program Manager will support the program team with sport and other related initiatives and events as directed.
This position is the key resource and contact for schools, individuals and families to conduct programs which involve individuals 2-7 years of age with intellectual disabilities and implement Unified Champion Schools activities in classrooms at all age levels. Regular statewide travel necessary. Serves as spokesperson for all education programs for Special Olympics Nebraska.
The Youth and Schools Program Manager will report directly to the Vice President of Program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee growth of the Unified Champion Schools efforts and Youth Activation Committee and its initiatives, reaching strategic growth goals. Maintains partnership with the Nebraska Association of Student Councils in respect to R-Word Campaigns, Nebraska School Activities Association (NSAA) in respect to Unified Sports, EKS Day, Plunges and Special Olympics Youth Activation Council (YAC) as well as other initiatives that include fundraising. Provide resources and trainings to schools.
- Identify, recruit and facilitate unified activities in elementary, middle, high schools and colleges across the state. Accurately track data, equipment needs and report activity. Responsible for management of School Partnerships programming and Unified Champion Schools data. Develop program guides and other resources (toolkits) for Unified Champion Schools and School Partnership programs as well as Young Athletes program.
- Develop and maintain relationships with school administrators, teachers, and volunteers to grow the Unified Strategies program. Partner with appropriate agencies to aid in this endeavor. Provide resources to educators so students can register to become Special Olympics Nebraska athletes.
- Recruit key education leaders across the state to serve on the Education Leaders Network. Hold regular meetings and communication. Strategies and measurable tracked annually. Grow funding and support through this committee.
- Educate and train teachers and professionals on how to build and expand the Young Athletesâprogramming on progression of skill building so children who have mastered the skills can be challenged. Aide in coordination of culminating events as well as activities at all State Games.
- Responsible for writing grants and managing all Unified Champion Schools funding. Develop budget and manage all expenses related to Unified Strategies.
- Manage data flow within Special Olympics Nebraska which includes but is not limited to: athlete/partner annual school based registration forms, school base coordinator information, volunteer forms, potential sponsors and donors; cash, in-kind, collaborative agencies and expense reporting.
- Develop and report on recruitment and outreach methods to children and families when children reach the age of 8.
- Represent the organization at business and organization meetings.
- Serve as meet director and/or assist at SONE sport events as assigned.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s degree and experience in Sports or Education field or experience working with and understanding the needs of those with intellectual disabilities. Must have passion for mission. Weekend and statewide travel necessary. Public speaking and budget management required. Must be able to work independently with a positive attitude.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to organize and prioritize work assignments.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Display a positive attitude and work in a team environment.
- Professional appearance required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact effectively with leadership, donors, volunteers and the general public in a professional manner.
- Ability to foster effective working relationships within a team environment.
- Computer/database maintenance skills.
- Ability to make evaluative judgments.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present effectively to small and large groups.
- Sales experience a plus
View the full job description online at the NAM Career Center.