The Community Health and Wellbeing Director contributes to the fulfillment of the Live Well Omaha Mission and Vision by operating as the subject matter expert on all community health matters as well as assuring that the programs, education, strategies and engagement are reflective of and consistent with the mission, vision and values of the organization and of the Live Well Omaha Board.
• Lead program planning, staffing strategies and work plan deliverables for key accountable health community initiatives such as the social determinant of health coalitions within housing, food security and local community health improvement efforts.
• Design and implement innovative community health initiatives and programs to improve quality of life resulting in overall improved health outcomes. Accountable for positive program impact and sustainability strategies for the continuation of work that impacts longevity of life.
• Enhance evaluation structure for each coalition initiative and shared coalition outcomes.
• Enlist and engage key current and prospective organizations, community leaders and resident influencers into the community initiatives.
• Recruit and retain members, lead Membership Council strategy and planning and expansion strategies. Serve as a liaison between member companies of Live Well Omaha, provides membership assistance and community health subject matter expertise to members.
• Assist in determining funding needs and goals; support grant writing as a content and programming expert. Monitor budget for community health activities and functions.
• Assess community health issues, identify trends and gaps in the community to provide services.
• Provide project management or oversight for special projects related to community health.
• Identify, pursue, and develop new member opportunities. Work to achieve business objectives, increase market awareness, implement strategies, create marketing plans, build, achieve, and expand membership goals.
• Lead the process of developing community health content and recruiting speakers for events/programs, building meaningful partnerships with organizations that provide resources and services to enhance the value of membership for Live Well Omaha member organizations, and provides opportunities for members to connect with and learn from each other.
• Represent Live Well Omaha on various community action groups, and actively participates in self-development activities that strengthen the knowledge of Live Well Omaha functions and community support activities.
Candidate has served for five or more years of experience in managing and executing community health programming in a community setting and/ or the public health industry. Experience in consulting and /or training experience in public health or community health. Candidate has served three + year experience in leading a multi-sector effort or initiative. Supervisory experience preferred
Bachelor’s degree required and master’s degree preferred for desired candidates. Formal training preferred focused on community health, public health, health education, health science, health care administration, health promotion degree or related field.
View the full job description in the document below. Interested candidates may email their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 PM CST on Friday, October 18, 2019.