Black Family Health and Wellness Association, Inc (BFHWA) started in 1998 in Omaha, Nebraska. BFHWA is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) organization designed to provide all families access to health information, education, and screenings. We are a community-based organization that offers free health services to many North Omaha, low-income families through generous corporate and community donations. The annual health fair for the community is held at Omaha North High School and is sponsored by the BFHWA in collaboration with many other community agencies. The BFHWA Health Fair provides screenings and health information, as well as supports the annual BFHWA health fair report.
BFHWA is looking for a forward-thinking, creative, and team-oriented student intern to assist with our social media and marketing activities. Interns should have a strong knowledge and understanding of the digital media landscape, including various social media platforms. The intern will be an integral part of the Marketing Committee and will report directly to the Marketing Committee Chair. This position will run from August 2019 to May 2020 and students will receive a $400 stipend at the end of each semester ($800 total).
- Aid in the creation of signage, circulars, email campaigns, online promotion, etc.
- Assist in the distribution or delivery of marketing materials
- Assist with the fulfillment of marketing offers
- Perform analysis of marketing and sales data
- Enter contact information into contact management systems
- Assist with online outreach and promotion using Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, and more
- Update and post supervised social media and health-related content; respond to web correspondence, social media posts, and emails
- Monitor social media for trending topics to utilize on social media channels
- Maintain tracking report of public relations activity
- Undergraduate or Master level student majoring in Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, Advertising, or equivalent
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Extensive knowledge of social media
- Ability to take direction and multi-task
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office applications
- Must be flexible with hours (5-10 hours a week; would not exceed 10 hours a week during the months leading up to the health fair)
- Attend monthly BFHWA meetings (usually every third Thursday of the month)
- Practical experience with current marketing and advertising techniques
- Training opportunities with successful marketing professionals
- Opportunity to participate in networking events and company meetings
- Flexible schedule for students
View the internship description and application instructions in the document below. Deadline to apply is July 8th.