BCBS of Nebraska is seeking a Health Data Analyst.
This position will serve on a highly collaborative Business Analytics team delivering health data analytics and informatics for groups, providers, members, leadership and the Board. As a member of an agile team, you will receive guidance from senior analysts in understanding and interpreting the business impacts of the data and assist in extracting, preparing, analyzing and interpreting data to provide insight for decision support to external and internal stakeholders. Our cross-functional, highly empowered environment will grant you the freedom to achieve while also demanding a high level of responsibility.
What you’ll do:
1. Gather business requirements, extract and prepare the data for ad-hoc reports, using appropriate sourcing and analytic methodology.
2. Perform standard analysis to internal stakeholders, providing designs and data mappings for review by a senior along the way.
3. Assist senior analyst in analytical projects, including requirement gathering, extraction and preparation of data and analysis methodologies.
4. Participate in brainstorming sessions, design reviews, quality reviews and other collaborative quality and knowledge sharing activities.
To be considered for this position, you must have:
- High School Diploma or equivalent and one (1) year experience in data or statistical analysis. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted to meet this requirement.
- Skilled in SQL
- The ability to meet or exceed the attendance and timeliness requirements of their departments.
- The ability to work well in a team environment, and be capable of building and maintaining positive relationships with other staff, departments, and customers.
The strongest candidates for this position will also possess:
Experience using analytics tools such as Tableau, R, SAS
Healthcare / claims data experience
View the job description online here. If planning to apply, contact Career Services for additional information.