Statewide non-profit (Project Extra Mile) advocating for the prevention of underage drinking through public policy change is seeking a dedicated, full-time employee to coordinate the organization’s youth leadership efforts primarily in the Omaha metro area. Individual will educate and empower students to lead in their community on the issue of underage drinking.
Youth coordinator will be charged with using proven population-based prevention strategies to implement youth-led initiatives, including the coordination of a yearly leadership training and annual public health advocacy day. In addition, the person will assist with speaking engagements while guiding youth group members to be strong advocates within their own community. Some evenings and travel required.
This position is not. . .
- An effort to rehabilitate young people who have fallen victim to the harms of underage drinking.
Bachelor’s degree preferred or other field.
Applicable candidates must meet the following criteria.
- Experience working with high school students guiding them toward accomplishing a common goal.
- Knowledge of strategic and event planning.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Must have a working knowledge of community organizing and public policy
- Ability to build relationships
- Must be energetic and outgoing with a positive, optimistic attitude
- Be innovative with a vision for change in the community
- Must be a strategic thinker and pay close attention to detail
- Enjoy working with people, particularly young middle and high school students
- Organizational, writing and public speaking skills a must
- Ability to work independently with little supervision while handling multiple tasks and schedules
Job Type: Full-time
- Event Planning: 1 year (Required)
- Working with youth: 1 year (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
View the job description online here.