At Heartland Family Service, we are committed to building a culture that is trauma informed and values and celebrates diversity and inclusion. We believe this allows for better service delivery and innovation, as it encourages our employees to bring various experiences and uniqueness to the workplace.
Trauma Informed Care is an approach to engaging people with histories of trauma that recognizes the presence of trauma symptoms and acknowledges the role that trauma has played in their lives. Trauma Informed Care also acknowledges the effects of working with trauma survivors on our workforce, and seeks to build collaborative and supportive working environments and relationships.
If you believe in our mission of creating healthy families and communities, and like a fast pace, collaborative and team oriented environment, then Heartland Family Service is the agency for you.
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION OF WORK
This position provides direct supervision and program oversight of Homeless Diversion program located in Pottawattamie, Sarpy and Douglas Counties. This program provides Homeless Diversion services to those at immediate risk of homelessness. Services include problem solving, mediation and crisis intervention services to help individuals prevent episodes of homelessness.
Supervisory responsibilities and major agency wide support functions begin at this level. Decision making, problem solving, and ongoing task prioritization are critical. Training in supervision and management is required
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- *Provides positive leadership and promotes the trauma informed culture for all direct service staff, program clients and in the community
- *Responsible for training new staff and the ongoing development and training of all staff in the program.
- *Provides on-going and regular supervision of program staff, including individual meetings and accompanying staff in the field, as needed.
- *Lead weekly individual and team meetings, including approving cases for assistance, reviewing caseloads and providing feedback on case plans and service delivery.
- *Provides case coverage in emergency and back-up situations.
- *Reviews and monitors client records to ensure that required information is collected, entered into prescribed formats, and reported in a timely manner at intake and exit
- *Ensure program compliance with multiple funding source regulations and compliance with agency policies and procedures.
- *Ensure that the program meets targets for performance outcomes, including making adjustments to the program as needed to improve performance.
- *Completes and reviews quarterly outcome reports.
- *Review monthly statistical reports and HMIS reports for data quality and accuracy.
- *Complete monthly, quarterly and annual reports as required by funding sources
- *Monitor program spending and ensure the budget is adhered to.
- *Collaborates with Program Director to improve policies and procedures to increase efficiency of the program.
- *Demonstrates knowledge of current community and Heartland Family Service programs and resources
- *Works with referral sources to ensure that the program is well advertised
- *Is actively involved in the Continuum of Care, including attending meetings or participating on task forces
- *Travel is required, included use of personal vehicle.
- Evaluates efficiency and effectiveness of community service providers on an ongoing basis to ensure clients are receiving quality care.
- Is able to work both independently, with little supervision, and as a part of a team.
- Able to establish regularity and dependability in scheduling all appointments and accuracy in reports and statistics.
- Displays a courteous and caring attitude at all times to the clientele, volunteers, and visitors of the Agency.
- Abides by all specific program and Agency procedures, policies, and requirements.
- Cooperates and collaborates with program area staff, volunteers, and other Agency staff.
- Develops personal and program related skills through participation in internal and external training opportunities including printed material and audio and/or visual media.
- Is able to develop positive working relationships with clients, referral sources, service agencies, landlords, and others encountered in the course of work.
- *Creates, maintains and share as appropriate a dynamic self-care plan.
- *Strives to make connections between the agency and the larger community whenever possible in order to contribute to the agency’s ongoing fundraising and friend-raising efforts.
- Performs other program related duties as assigned.
*DENOTES ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
PREFERRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or a comparable human service field AND 3 years experience in direct care in human services OR equivalent combination of experience and education
- Supervisory/program management experience is a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Software – Word, Excel, Access
- Valid driver’s license/ acceptable driving record
Leadership- Good managers should be able to lead the employees they manage. Leadership traits include coaching, emotional stability, enthusiasm and self-assurance, Warmth and competence are unique qualities of leadership.
Communication- Good managers must be able to communicate well, listen effectively and be aware of nonverbal communication.
Problem-Solving-Good managers are able to identify and solve problems and take responsibility for problems that arise rather than seeing them as someone else’s responsibility and take an ethical approach to problem-solving.
Accountability- A manager with strong accountability qualities will take action and responsibility for their goals and objectives.
Integrity- Key attributes of a good manager are derivatives of legitimate character and integrity.
Initiative and Creativity- Plans work and carries out tasks without detailed instructions; makes constructive suggestions; prepares for problems or opportunities in advance; undertakes additional responsibilities; responds to situations as they arise with minimal supervision; creates novel solutions to problems; evaluates new technology as potential solutions to existing problems.
View the full job description and apply online here.