No More Empty Pots seeks a highly motivated and entrepreneurial individual with programmatic and leadership experience to join our team. Key aspects of the position include strategically setting program goals and measuring outcomes to ensure program success, lead a team of staff, interns and volunteers, engage in program-specific financial reporting, collaborate with community stakeholders to deliver positive outcomes and join program participants in identifying and addressing their needs. The Program Manager provides additional organizational support as needed, at times serving as the agency’s spokesperson; plus will work with a diverse group of stakeholders, from donors to program participants, in a growing organization.
Manage Florence Community Garden program
- Program implementation: Marketing, outreach, registration, and participant support
- Administrative: Strategic planning for program improvements, coordinating monthly garden partners meeting, planning and implementation of winter educational program, data collection, budget management, grant writing, and grant management.
- Supervision: Garden manager, interns, and volunteers (individuals and groups)
- Program implementation: Recruit and train volunteers, coordinate with NMEP staff to determine volunteer need, provide a learning environment, and schedule volunteers as needed
- Administrative: Strategic planning, data collection, grant management as needed
- Supervision: Interns and volunteers
- Coordinate among staff and community partners to prepare and manage the annual events calendar
- Provide event support for larger fundraisers, small educational events, and provide a NMEP presence at partner events, community meetings, and learning opportunities
- Communicate in a positive and effective manner No More Empty Pots’ mission and programs to program participants and the general public.
Other Duties as Needed or Assigned
Required Skills, Qualities and Experience
- Management experience in program design, implementation, and evaluation
- Able to write and communicate effectively in English
- Specific interest and/or experience with issues related to healthy food access, including public health, agricultural, or economic development.
- Highly organized, solutions focused individual
- Ability to wear multiple hats in an ambiguous, fast-moving environment
- Flexible, creative, and dependable
- Ability to set priorities, shape processes, and develop infrastructure that creates a stronger, more efficient organization
- Strong understanding of project and grant management
- Works well under pressure and with tight deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail
- Strong administrative and time management skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite applications
- Eager to find and learn new resources in a tech-positive organizational culture
- Champions working as a team and collaborating with multiple community partners
- Values education, stewardship, sustainable practices and treating everyone with dignity and respect
- Demonstrated commitment to high professional and ethical standards
- Experience working with diverse populations including immigrants and refugees, communities of color, youth, and seniors
Preferred Skills, Qualities, and Experience
- Previous knowledge of or willingness to learn about the metro Omaha local food scene, food security initiatives, economic sufficiency initiatives, and Omaha community organizations and programs
- Written and spoken Spanish competencies
- Experience working in non-profit sector
- Cultural humility and a desire to learn
- Patience, flexibility and a good sense of humor
- Involves both sedentary desk work and moderate outdoor physical exertion
- Requires lifting or carrying up to 30 pounds as well as climbing, walking moderate distances, squatting, and bending.
- A valid driver’s license, access to transportation, and local travel are required; ability to operate medium-sized machinery is preferred
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends
View the job description and application instructions online here.