Deadline: January 25, 2018
We are pleased to announce an internship opportunity with the GOARN OST, to support the work of the GOARN Training Programme. We are hoping for an intern to join our team as soon as possible (within the next month), and are reaching out first to your academic institutions as you are engaged with the GOARN Training Network and may have students to nominate for this internship. In the following months we will be reaching out to the wider GOARN Network for a rolling roster of interns to work with our team here in Geneva.
This internship will need to commence during the month of February 2018, and be for a minimum duration of 3 months. The position will be based with the GOARN OST at WHO HQ in Geneva. Fluency in written and spoken English is required, with additional languages such as French and Portuguese desired. Please refer to the Terms of Reference attached for a full description of the expected tasks.
Should you have any students to nominate for this first internship with the GOARN Training team, we kindly request to receive both a CV and letter of motivation of the nominated candidate no later than 25 January 2018. Please note that eligibility requirements for an internship at WHO, as follows:
WHO may offer an internship to students who:
- are at least 20 years of age on the date of application;
- are enrolled in a course of study at a university or equivalent institution leading to a formal qualification (applicants who have already graduated may also qualify provided that they start the internship no later than six months after graduation);
- have completed three years of full-time studies at a university or equivalent institution prior to commencing the assignment;
- are fluent in at least one of the working languages of the office of assignment;
- are not related to a staff member as defined in Staff Rule 410.3 (e.g. son/daughter, brother/sister or mother/father);
- have not previously participated in WHO’s Internship Programme; and
- hold a valid passport of a WHO Member State (as a matter of policy, and for the avoidance of any international law issue, including with Member States and Host States, candidates for internship who do not hold a valid passport from a WHO MemberState will not be considered).
Kindly note that this is an unpaid opportunity. For more information on the WHO Internship Programme, please refer to http://www.who.int/careers/internships/en/ .