CHI Health is seeking a Project Coordinator for their 5-4-3-2-1 Go! ® Healthy Kids lifestyle campaign.
The Community Benefit & Healthier Communities (CB&HC) team at CHI Health has been implementing a campaign promoting healthy habits to children in kindergarten through 5th grade in multiple counties in Nebraska for several years. The goal of this initiative is to reduce overweight/obesity in children in CHI Health service areas through a community-wide campaign using the 5-4-3-2-1 Go! ®message. The main strategies include engagement in schools and out-of-school setting, promotion in clinics, and outreach in the community through events and media. The Coordinator will execute current work plans in Douglas, Sarpy, and Cass Counties, assist leads in Colfax and Pierce counties to execute their work plans, and work with the Community Benefit team to develop additional strategies which may or may not include expanding to other communities.
Scope of Services:
- Coordinator will work approximately 20-30 hours/week as determined in the final contract.
- Provide technical assistance and support to existing 5-4-3-2-1 Go!© Sites in Colfax, Douglas, Sarpy, and Cass Counties, NE. Including training teachers and other staff, hosting assemblies at schools, and other activities to help support the campaigns at the sites.
- Provide Technical assistance and support to North Central Public Health Department in new efforts to implement a 5-4-3-2-1 Go!© Campaign in partnership with HC&CB Administrator.
- Recruit additional schools, out of school sites, and clinics as determined in work plans and provide ongoing technical assistance.
- Identify and participate in community outreach events to share the campaign. This includes identifying opportunities to recruit volunteers and train them to share the message/host relevant activities at community events.
- Provide technical support as requested to partners throughout Nebraska and Iowa related to the 5-4-3-2-1 Go!© Campaign.
- Work with Community Benefit Team to develop and monitor appropriate budgets to achieve goals.
- Lead efforts to shape key strategies and seek additional funding sources to expand and enhance the 5-4-3-2-1 Go!© Message including identifying partners, shaping objectives and action plans, and writing grant applications.
- Support other healthy lifestyle promotion efforts as determined under overall Community Benefit strategies.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communicator
- Demonstrates an ability to work with many diverse audiences both in large group and one-on-one
- Excellent problem-solver with an ability to facilitate partners to execute work
- Successfully manages multiple tasks and demonstrates success in reaching objectives in timely manner
- Ability to self-direct work
- Requires own transportation to sites and required to travel to some communities outside the Omaha metro area periodically
- Will be required to execute CHI-Health independent contractor agreement.
- Degree in Health Promotion, Community/Public Health, or related area preferred
- Experience working with the community in a health education, facilitation, or other community health worker role required
View additional information in the document below.