The Intercultural Senior Center is seeking a Program Activities Coordinator.
OVERALL JOB DESCRIPTION: To perform duties in assisting with the development, promotion, and implementation of senior center program activities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Promote, coordinate, and implement approved senior center programs and activities; use the MySeniorCenter software program to manage schedule.
2. Coordinate and communicate with agency staff, senior citizens, volunteers and other community organizations to ensure that agency and project goals are achieved on a continuous basis.
3. Maintain a physical environment that conforms to senior center policies as they relate to safety and cleanliness.
4. Promote volunteer opportunities, coordinate the volunteer schedule, and maintain relationships with volunteers and corporate and educational partners.
5. Perform outreach activities and build on current relationships as well as develop new partnerships in the community.
6. Assist participants throughout the day and help with transportation services and meal services.
7. Observe participants’ daily health and behavioral changes, and communicate any changes with the Executive Director and Director of Social Services.
8. Assist with the inventory of program supplies.
9. Attend trainings, workshops, and presentations pertaining to senior centers and other related issues.
10. Establish project work plan and calendar or schedules; monitor, review, and evaluate progress.
11. Participate in gathering client information and feedback and maintaining client records.
12. Perform other reasonably related duties as requested.
- Bachelors or Associates Degree with 2-3 years’ work experience with activities and programs for seniors.
- Effective oral and written communication skills. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with multicultural staff and clients. Bilingual in English and Spanish is preferred.
- Able to multitask and open to new possibilities to grow the program.
- Must be knowledgeable and sensitive to the needs of elderly and diverse populations.
- Strong administrative skills including attention to detail and prioritization. Comfort working in Microsoft Office. Willingness to learn MySeniorCenter software.
- Must possess strong organizational skills, cultural sensitivity to the needs of the underserved, ability to work under pressure, strong customer service skills, and knowledge of Omaha and surrounding areas.
- Candidates are subject to background check and must have a current driver license. Candidates must be open to completing annual CPR & First Aid Training.
View the full job description and application instructions here.