This position supports the work of the Empowerment Network (EN), Midlands Mentoring Partnership (MMP) and the clients they serve. The Project Manager will work full time on the staff of the Empowerment Network and report to the Director of Operations.
The Project Manager and Mentoring Coordinator will develop, organize and implement an evidence-based cradle to career outreach and mentoring program to serve South Sudanese youth and others in Omaha. The first priority of the Project Manager and Mentoring Coordinator will be to recruit & train mentors, match youth, support mentoring matches through case management, track data and reward successes. The remaining priorities will be the development of a cradle to career engagement strategy to connect South Sudanese youth and their families to successful programs, resources, organizations and opportunities with a special focus on STEM and Careers.
- Work with the Empowerment Network (EN) team and Midlands Mentoring(MMP) to develop and implement an evidence-based mentoring program:
- Complete all required paperwork per the partnership agreement and as specified by EN & MMPrequirements.
- Provide accurate, timely completion and submission of all mentor/mentee – related records anddocuments.
- Conduct comprehensive assessments and implement the mentee growth plans, utilizing variousintervention methods and techniques.
- Comply with the legal standards for mandated reporting.
- Work with all EN & MMP partners to ensure positive and consistent relationships.
- As needed, attend regular meetings with volunteers, families and with staff from schools and/or community-based organizations.
- Provide input as to how the mentoring program can better reflect the cultural diversity of the children and families in the South Sudanese community.
- Attend all required training as required by the EN & MMP.
- Effectively use data and information to identify the level of involvement of South Sudanese youth in current programs – elementary, middle school and high school.
- Work with the EN team to customize the cradle to career strategy to meet the needs of South Sudanese youth.
- Work with the EN team to connect South Sudanese youth and families to successful programs.
- Work with the EN team to plan events and other activities to build strong relationships between the South Sudanese community and other groups in Omaha.
- Supervise a task force of stakeholders that will closely oversee the incubation of the mentoringactivities and other supports for Omaha’s South Sudanese Community.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Previous project management experience. Prefer 3-5 years of experience.
- Previous mentoring experience, or experience working with first generation youth, is preferred.
- Masters of Social Work (MSW) or graduate degree in social work or counseling is preferred, but not required.
- At least one year program development experience.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community
- Successful clearance of background check.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
View the full job description here.