Deadline: until filled
The Georgia Tech Research Institute is seeking an entry level Occupational Health Professional to provide industrial hygiene consulting to small business in state of GA under a grant from the Department of Labor-OSHA. Excellent communication skills (reading, writing and speaking) required to perform duties of the job including: performing jobsite assessments, interviewing employees, preparing technical reports, and providing training.. This job will also require technical presentations to employees and employers as part of our outreach training programs. In state travel is required. Selection process will include passing a pre-employment background screening. The ideal candidate will have a Master’s degree in a relevant field, with 0-3 years’ experience.
- Candidates must be U.S. Citizens.
- BS in Industrial Hygiene, Public Health, Engineering, or related discipline- such as biology, chemistry, or safety (MS, MPH, MSPH, or PhD preferred)
- Strong capabilities with Microsoft Office Suite to include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- The selection process will include passing a pre-employment background screening.
- Position will be based in Atlanta, GA, and will include approximately 33% travel, requiring reliable transportation for travel to rural areas of the state.
- Must submit writing sample (technical report or paper) for review as part of the interview process.
- Industrial hygiene sampling experience or experience using industrial hygiene sampling equipment
- Working knowledge of occupational ergonomics
- 1+ year(s) of experience with occupational health regulatory topics
- Training and/or public speaking experience/ skills
View the full job description and apply online here.