Deadline: Aug 31, 2016
The Healthcare Delivery Research Program (HDRP) within the Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences (DCCPS) of the National Cancer Institute (NCI) is recruiting qualified candidates for a Research Associate (RA) position. This is a full-time contractor position with the Healthcare Assessment Research Branch (HARB) and will provide an exciting and unique opportunity to work with leaders in the field.
Position Description: The RA will provide scientific support in the design, development, and analysis of research projects and related activities. Day-to-day activities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide research management and analytic support for a range of major projects, including developing tracking systems, reviewing and editing analytic databases, and drafting reports or summaries.
- Conduct literature searches and provide summaries of findings as part of preliminary planning for new research activities and directions.
- Work as part of a research team to perform data analysis and publish results to further develop the cancer control activities of the Branch and Program.
- Participate in and summarize conference calls and meetings for defined research projects.
- Assist HARB in developing activities in support of NCI objectives and in interpreting how such activities will be received and utilized by cancer control programs.
- Serve as a HARB liaison at meetings/committees/work groups and participate in activities related to improving the management and progress of research within the HARB.
- Provide administrative oversight and organization for symposia, workshops, or discussions with national and international scientific leaders.
- Develop/participate in special scientific analyses of cancer control funding patterns in order to more effectively respond to requests for information from stakeholders and the public.
- Communicate with other HDRP branches, staff across DCCPS, and outside organizations to obtain support and collaboration for cancer control programs or stimulate cooperative funding efforts.
- Master’s Degree in Epidemiology, Public Health, Health Services, or similar background and experience using various electronic software systems and databases (e.g. MS Office suite).
- Two years or more post-graduate degree work experience.
- Knowledge of management and administrative principles and practices
- Experience analyzing data, writing/editing documents.
- Experience in a multi-tasking environment, specifically working in a timely manner on multiple projects in varying stages with several project directors and points of contact; ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A cover letter explaining your interest in healthcare delivery research and cancer control
- CV or resume
- Three References
Application Deadline: Please send all materials to Kate McNeill (firstname.lastname@example.org) by August 31, 2016.
DHHS, NIH, and NCI are Equal Opportunity Employers.