Deadline: July 6
The Tennessee Department of Health (TDH) is currently recruiting to fill a Preferred Service Epidemiologist 2 position to assist in the coordination of communicable disease informatics projects related to electronic laboratory reporting (ELR) as part of the Surveillance Systems and Informatics (SSI) Program. This program is located within the Communicable and Environmental Diseases and Emergency Preparedness (CEDEP) Division.
As a member of the CEDEP SSI Program, this individual will gain further experience in public health surveillance and epidemiology and the use and development of interoperability standards, like HL7. Additionally, they will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of informatics projects including supporting surveillance systems, system integration, electronic data interchange, electronic disease reporting, quality assurance analytics, and Meaningful Use activities.
This position may require some in-state and possibly out of state travel. There is also potential for presentation and public speaking opportunities and this position may have the opportunity to supervise. This position will assist with emergency response and outbreak investigations when necessary.
Responsibilities for the position may include:
- Electronic laboratory reporting (ELR) onboarding, report validation, and communications with associated trading partners and their vendors,
- Providing support for antimicrobial resistance laboratory reporting and surveillance and associated communications with reporting partners,
- Publishing reportable lab observation documentation annually in accordance with the annual state reportable conditions update,
- Providing support for surveillance system maintenance, testing and documentation, user support and training, and assisting with implementation of new functionality and generation of associated documentation,
- Assisting with writing grant narratives and supplying associated metrics, and
- Providing support to program areas, field staff, other TDH divisions, and partners as needed or assigned
Competitive candidates could have the following:
- Relevant communicable disease surveillance or epidemiology experience at a local or state public health department.
- Relevant experience working on electronic laboratory reporting or other electronic interfaces.
- Excellent computer and analytic skills.
- Experience with relational databases.
- Experience working on federal grants.
Minimum education and experience for this Preferred Service Epidemiologist 2 position can be found at: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/tennessee/default.cfm?action=viewclassspec&classSpecID=907857&viewOnly=yes
Salary will be based on education and experience with a minimum starting rate of $5,428 per month.
Apply through the Tennessee Department of Human Resources website, http:/www.tn.gov/hr/topic/employment-opportunities. Only applications submitted online July 6 through July 19, 2016 will be accepted. Find this vacancy posting by using the link “Current Openings” under the “Preferred Service Job Openings” heading. Make sure you fill out all the sections of the online application, including the questions. Please add these attachments to your online application:
– A letter of interest that must include the title of the position and explain why you are interested in this position;
– Your resume;
– A photocopy of your highest level official diploma (transcripts are not acceptable) from an accredited college or university in order to demonstrate possession of the required education for the position;
– A transcript evaluation for any degree received outside of the U.S.
The Tennessee Department of Health is an equal opportunity, equal access, affirmative action employer. Candidate must be eligible to work in the United States.