Strategic Health Solutions is seeking a Statistician I, to be responsible for performing data analysis, data mining, and statistical modeling to support our mission of providing innovative solutions to the government’s next problem. Performs data collection, extraction, transformation, and analysis utilizing a variety of analytical and statistical methods. Interprets data, draws conclusions, and prepares comprehensive, detailed analytic reports to clearly articulate data information, findings and outcomes. Provides leadership to improve the information captured from customer data and enables responsiveness to the changing healthcare policy landscape.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Master’s Degree in statistics, mathematics, or related quantitative field from an accredited institution or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- Minimum of two years experience in using statistics to support organizational needs and business objectives; preferably three or more years in probability sampling and estimation methods
- Working knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, managed care, or similar medical health insurance program claims and reimbursement
- Experience in statistical detection of aberrancies and anomalies, preferably using tools such as predictive modeling, development of mathematical models, neural networks, and data mining or other analytical methods
- Proficient at performing advanced analytics using statistical software such as SAS, SQL, Business Objects, or R to support business needs and objectives
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel or Access and working knowledge of Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Strong facilitation and problem solving skills
View the full job description and apply online here.