Enhance Health Network is recruiting a Data Scientist to assist practices in preparing for a value-based reimbursement world. The purpose of this position is to support the development and implementation of Population Health Analytics infrastructure related to Transforming Clinical Practice Initiative (TCPI).
NATURE AND SCOPE
- The role of the data scientist is to use mathematics, programming and visualization to discover, in partnership with the Quality Improvement Advisors (QIAs), opportunities and insights arising from clinical initiatives.
- This role is firmly customer facing, with an expectation of constant contact, communication and iteration with clinical customers to define questions, explore solutions and present results. As such, the data scientist must be comfortable and capable of clearly communicating the nature and results of complex analytics to non-technical users in written, spoken and visual means.
- On the technical front, the data scientist must be comfortable to identify and extract raw data from different kinds of databases. Thereafter, they must possess basic skills in programming to manage, transform and integrate with other datasets, in preparation for analytics.
- Serve as a subject matter expert regarding reporting tools, methodologies, and data management approaches used to support the quality improvement initiatives.
- Validate and maintain integrity of quality data across multiple systems.
- Develop organizational indicators and dashboards to meet business requirements. Serve as a subject matter expert for the organizational dashboard application and other applications as needed.
- Plan, prioritize and manage multiple projects and major assignments to support long and short term business objectives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Mostly in-state travel may be required, up to 25%.
- Requires a Ph.D. or Masters with 5+ years of relevant experience in Statistics, Epidemiology, Public Health, Data Science or related field.
- Experience working with healthcare claims, pharmacy and EMR data is a highly desirable.
- Proficiency in R, SQL, and SAS is preferred.
- Proven ability to find creative, practical solutions to complex problems.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills combined with superior and proven track record of technical and organizational skills.
- Experience in performance improvement and project management preferred.
View the job description and apply online here.