Deadline: May 20, 2016
Recently, the Pottawattamie Development Corporation (PCDC) merged with Bluffs Downtown (Main Street Council Bluffs) and Live Well Council Bluffs to establish an organization that would have greater impact on revitalization efforts undertaken in the City of Council Bluffs, IA . Working along with the Council Bluffs Housing Trust Fund and Habitat for Humanity of Council Bluffs, PCDC has developed a consortium that would support overall redevelopment efforts of the newly formed entity and consortium members.
Reporting to the CEO and working collaboratively with the Director of Redevelopment, staff and Board, the Director of Place Based Strategies will have a deep knowledge of place based strategies/initiatives, develop programs/projects that support redevelopment activities undertaken by the organization, encourage/foster cross sector community involvement (i.e. schools, churches, other CBO’s, City/state departments, local businesses) in community revitalization/stabilization efforts, prepare/manage related budgets, manage staff, source and respond to related funding opportunities to support programmatic activities.
- Candidate should have a minimum of five years related community development experience, with at least two years in a senior management position.
- Undergraduate degree required. Masters degree in Urban Planning, Business, Policy, is a plus.
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Candidate should have working knowledge of real estate development practices/process
- Candidate should be entrepreneurial.
- Candidate should have some knowledge of trends in Place Making activities.
- Ability to interact with a wide range of people from corporate, non profit, government and philanthropic sectors.
- Should be computer proficient.
- Well organized detailed oriented and be able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks without compromising quality
- Some evening and weekend meetings/events.
View the job description and application instructions here.