Piedmont Healthcare in Atlanta, GA is seeking multiple individuals to serve as Infection Preventionists.
Responsible for leading and driving safety and quality performance improvement initiatives to address trends and deficiencies in Infection Prevention as identified by the Surveillance and Analysis team and set by PHC QSS. Promotes a culture of continuous improvement in the reduction of infections through use of Lean methodology, coaching, tools, data analysis, reliability, sustainability and spread. Manages and supports a portfolio of strategic projects using the performance improvement model. Ensures all performance improvement activities are in compliance with regulatory and accreditation bodies.
1. Leads improvement teams in clinical and operational activities to drive performance excellence for CAUTI, CLABSI, MRSA, C-DIFF, SSI: Colon, Sepsis and other initiatives as directed and is accountable for results.
2. Monitors and analyzes data, including epidemiological results, identifies trends and risk related issues and reports recommendations.
3. Applies an epidemiological approach to problem solving in leading improvement teams.
4. Provides staff and physician interventions as appropriate, incorporating process improvement tools.
5. Coordinates staff and physician education related to infection prevention.
6. Provides guidance for the implementation of Evidence Based Medicine in quality initiatives and/or throughout the pathway program.
7. Assists with special projects.
8. Handoff improvements to operations as standard work and monitors spread across the system.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, business administration, nursing, epidemiology or closely related field required. Clinical licensure as RN, LPN, Med Tech or other clinical specialty may be substituted for degree.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Four (4) years of work experience in clinical quality control, performance/operations improvement, project management and analysis or a closely related field.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Certification in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ), Infection Certification (CIC) Preferred; Lean, QPI preferred
View the full job description and apply online here.