This is a vacancy with the Florida Department of Health in Tallahassee Florida as a full-time epidemiologist with the Florida Birth Defects Registry (FBDR).
FBDR is a statewide population-based birth defects passive surveillance system that identifies birth defects in infants through age one born to Florida residents. Congenital anomalies was added to the list of reportable diseases/conditions on July 4, 1999.
Position specific responsibilities include:
- Analyze Florida Birth Defects Registry Data to produce reports on counts and rates of specific birth defects by selected risk factors
- Participate in investigations related to birth defects
- Provide technical and consultative services in response to requests associated with birth defects from county health departments, citizens and others.
- Program Evaluation activities on an annual basis to improve program processes and outcomes related to birth defects reporting.
- Participate in meetings, trainings and conferences related to the Florida Birth Defects Program and other Maternal and Child Health programs.
- Participate in statewide planning and implementation of activities related to birth defects.
- Review and approve Data Use Agreements and Institutional Review Board applications