Dates: April 12, 21, 22
5-4-3-2-1 Go!®, is an initiative to decrease childhood obesity by promoting five easy steps for a healthier life. We have two events coming up for which we would love to have volunteers. Details for the events:
- Storm Chasers Baseball Game- Community Organization Showcase
- April 12th at Werner Park
- We are the highlighted organization for the game and more than 2,000 students from various schools across the metro area have already signed up to attend.
- The game starts at 11:05am, so we ask that volunteers be there by 10:00am.
- There will be five stations, one for each of the numbers in the countdown that kids can visit.
- Because there are so many kids coming, we are looking for at least 8 volunteers.
- We would pay for your ticket into the game.
- NE SciFest
- April 21st, Strategic Air and Space Museum, 8:45am-2:00pm
– The volunteers will help the children go through each number in the countdown to better understand what it stands for and why it’s important.
– Last year we reached over 800 kids during this event, so we are looking for 4-5 volunteers each day. If we get enough volunteers, we may be able to do shifts.
- April 22nd, Durham Museum, 9am-1pm
– Same set-up as April 21st, but at a different location
If interested, please contact Shelby Watson, Project Coordinator (402.239.7979 OR firstname.lastname@example.org)