Deadline: April 1, 2016
Youth Emergency Services (YES) is seeking a Street Outreach Coordinator to be responsible for the daily operations and supervision of Y.E.S. Youth Street Outreach programs and services to youth served. The Street Outreach Coordinator reports directly to the Director of Program Services.
Essential job Duties
- Supervising the activities of street outreach staff, interns, volunteers and/or students during scheduled hours of operation. Such activities will include, but not be limited to:
- Assessing the immediate needs of youth and providing basic needs services.
- Providing referrals to appropriate community resources that meet their extended needs.
- Insuring that all documentation of youth contacts and activities are completed in a timely fashion. All significant incidents shall be immediately reported to the Director of Program Services.
- Participating in meetings, conferences, and training sessions as directed.
- Complying with all Y.E.S. policies and procedures, applicable federal, state, and local laws/regulations.
- Providing appropriate crisis intervention and problem solving services to youth.
- Identifying unmet youth needs and assisting in securing resources to address those needs.
- Scheduling and supervising the activities of youth at the Drop-In Center during scheduled hours of operation.
- Participate in overall program evaluation and improvement.
- Complete performance evaluations for Youth Street Outreach Worker positions and submit to the Director of Program Services.
- Advocating for youth in appropriate life arenas when appropriate.
- Developing effective working relationships with community organizations including, but not limited to, schools, churches, businesses, agencies, and law enforcement agencies.
- Participating in On-Call roster with Director of Program Services, including carrying a cell phone for Safe Place program.
- Assisting delivery of Pre-Service training and supervision of on-the-job training for new employees, interns, volunteers and/or students.
- Collect, review and approve time sheets for Youth Street Outreach Workers.
- Monitor compliance with safety program practices and participate on the Y.E.S. Safety Committee as an employee representative.
- Management of petty cash/HUD funds maintained at the Drop-In Center and for submission of all receipts for expenditures from, deposits and withdraws to those funds.
- Completion of a monthly report summarizing program activities, donations, and any issues related to the continued operation of the program.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Program Services.
- Knowledge of youth development and issues effecting homeless youth and/or families.
- Advanced knowledge and application of interviewing techniques.
- Advanced knowledge and application of problem solving and crisis intervention techniques.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain working relationships with youth and families, staff, community service providers, professionals and law enforcement.
- Valid driver’s license and current auto insurance.
- Willingness to work non-traditional hours including evenings, nights, weekends and holidays
- Ability to complete minor to moderate lifting.
- Completion of thorough criminal history and background investigation.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services or non-profit management preferred and 2 years of supervisory experience.
- One year human services related experience required, preferably with a youth serving agency.
View the job description and instructions for applying here.