Deadline: until filled
Public Health Solutions, District Health Department is seeking a Community Health Development Specialist. Public Health Solutions is located in Crete, and serves Fillmore, Gage, Jefferson, Saline, and Thayer counties. The individual will provide support relative to environmental and system approaches to promote health, support
healthy behaviors, reduce risk for pre-diabetes and build support for lifestyle improvements for the general population.
- Implement nutrition and beverage standards in public institutions, worksites and hospitals.
- Strengthen healthier food access and sales in local venues through farmers markets, increased availability, improved pricing, placement and promotion.
- Strengthen community promotion of physical activity through signage, worksite policies, social support and worksite wellness strategies in target communities.
- Develop and/or implement transportation and community plans that promote walking, and biking
- Collaborate with community partners to spearhead strategies to build support for healthy lifestyles, particularly for those who are high risk.
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, health education, community development, communication, public relations, or related field. Masters Preferred
- Experience with grant writing, worksite wellness, health coaching, Diabetes Prevention Program, adult and child learning processes and nutrition standards preferred.
- A minimum of two years of program planning, implementation and evaluation experience or other related work experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Possession of a valid State of Nebraska driver’s license is required.
Competitive pay scale, benefit options and professional learning opportunities. Please email resumes to Jenik Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org