Deadline: until filled
Family, Inc in Council Bluffs is seeking someone for the role of Supervisor of Maternal and Child Health. The primary responsibility of this position is to oversee maternal child health services to pregnant women and children. This position also assists the Executive Director in the supervision of assigned staff and programs.
- Master’s degree in social work, nursing, or public health and 4 years’ experience with public health and families with young children preferred. Bachelor’s degree with public health experience meets minimum level.
- Experience in public health, home visiting, early childhood, parent support, and/or dyadic work with women, children and families.
- Capacity to foster a supportive environment for staff, and function effectively during stressful situations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Must be PC literate.
- Capacity to function as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Interest in program evaluation and research.
- Ability to travel throughout Pottawattamie & Mills County
- Knowledge of community resources preferred
- Ability to provide services to diverse communities and families. Respect for and sensitivity to the needs and rights of others, including those with differing cultural, racial, sexual or ethnic identities.
- Understands and commits to the agency mission. Promotes the growth of FAMILY, Inc by representing the organization, its mission, and its role in the community in a professional manner.
- Oversee all project activities related to Maternal and Child Health and ensure project activities comply with the policies and regulations of the Iowa Department of Public Health. This includes the development and execution of project deliverables, lead project planning, budgeting, action plans, and monitoring processes.
- Submit activity reports, meeting minutes, and financial reports on regular basis to the Executive Director.
- Prepare and submit annual activity-based project budgets as well as monthly and quarterly financial reports and sending of new funding requests.
- Complete annual grant application and year-end reports with data and analysis of program effectiveness and present as requested.
- Assist in grant writing and fund development to maintain current programming as well as diversify funding sources.
- Actively participate in a multidisciplinary team to promote interagency collaboration in planning and implementation. Lead and motivate the project staff and monitor project activities and project expenditure, including coordination with consultants, sub-contractors and volunteers in the project.
See the full job description, and apply online here.qPt pYkfZIFGpzD