Deadline: until filled
Family, Inc. in Council Bluffs is seeking an individual for the role of Supervisor of Home Visitation. The primary responsibility of this position is to oversee home visitation services to enrolled families with children from pregnancy until school entry. This position also assists the Executive Director in the supervision of assigned staff and programs.
- Master’s degree in Early Childhood Education, Social Work, or LISW and 2-5 years’ experience working in home visiting, early childhood, parent support, and/or with children with special needs birth to five and their families preferred.
- Experience with innovative treatment strategies in the areas of strengths-based, family centered practice.
- Knowledge of Home Visitation models, Early Intervention (Early Access) and the Iowa Department of Education Preschool Special Education Procedures
- Capacity to foster a supportive environment for staff, and function effectively during stressful situations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Must be PC literate.
- Capacity to function as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Ability to travel throughout Pottawattamie County
- Knowledge of community resources preferred
- Ability to provide services to diverse communities and families. Respect for and sensitivity to the needs and rights of others, including those with differing cultural, racial, sexual or ethnic identities.
- Understands and commits to the agency mission. Promotes the growth of FAMILY, Inc by representing the organization, its mission, and its role in the community in a professional manner.
- Oversee all project activities related to Home Visitation and Family Support. This includes the development and execution of project deliverables, lead project planning, budgeting, action plans, and monitoring processes.
- Serve as part of management team to ensure the services in all aspects of the home visitation programs planning and execution are in compliance.
- Advocate for families and children receiving FAMILY, Inc. services.
- Serve as liaison with the Area Education Agency, and Local Education Agencies for Early Access and Preschool. Network with community institutions, organizations, and agencies.
- Ensure services to families are coordinated across public health and primary care, early child development, schools, special needs, child protection and addictions services right into adult services.
- Develop and present information/education sessions and workshops.
- Provide ongoing reflective and clinical supervision to assigned staff. Provide guidance to Infant Family Specialists in planning home visits, including designing and selecting appropriate curricula and activities to help support parent-child relationships and child development.
See the full job description and apply online here.