- Building Access update – 2nd floor South entrance is closed 2 new, temporary, 1st floor entrances available.
- 3rd floor East entrance with card access is unchanged (card reader is working)
- Public elevators are operational!!!
- 3rd Floor access to Central Stairwell is closing 10/15 for 3 weeks (CRA was 10/6)
- 4th floor access to Central Stairwell will close for 4-6 hour window to abate the flooring and then reopened. The 3 week closure is cancelled at this time.
- RO System Replacement almost complete
- Estimated duration is 4 weeks – slight delay awaiting a final valve. Water will continue to be supplied.
- Air Handler 2 – shutdown of existing and tie-in to new unit – Tentatively scheduled for 11/9; this work is anticipated to last 5 days just like we did for AHU1 – CRA pending.
3rd & 4th Floors
- Punch list items near completion
- Fume hood modifications are underway by Waldinger – 1 hour per fume hood (max) and light noise expected (drill).
1st & 2nd Floors
- Glass railing system atrium stairs is onsite – installation almost complete!
- Flooring installation is finalizing – Atrium stair area and main entrance remains
- Above Ceiling and Electrical inspections complete
- Room/door signage installation started, completion pending
- Punch list walk by RDG 10/13
- SFM walk for temp C of O – 10/8 – fire systems tested and space was approved to allow the elevators to be turned on and provide emergency exits through finished space. The exits are designated with cones, rope, barricades, and signage.
- Electrical demo and temp lighting is ongoing – focusing on 2nd and 3rd floors
- Casework and full demo underway
- Abatement of “black glue” beneath the flooring that was demoed will start week of 10/12
- TC room design to include 2 separate rooms with one vestibule/ante room
- Column Framing has started on North & South facades
- Landscaping at main entrance – concrete planters poured and site cleared for paver installation
- 10/8 – Atrium and Phase 1 floors 1 and 2 (temp Cert. of Occupancy) – SFM walked, C of O is pending
- Phase 2 4th floor on hold temporarily
- Contractor Substantial Completion: 03/15/21
- First Use of Space: Varies by temp Certificate of Occupancy; I will keep everyone informed as we near each groups move date
- Approved Budget = $12,673,300
- Planned Spend = $12,587,799
Key Risks or Issues:
- Occupied Building and impact during building system shut-downs and construction activities in Phases
- Central stair and corridor work coordination and closure
- Occupied labs (Murry/Lyubchenko) and scope of work coordination
- Budget: “less than” mindset
- Abatement – black glue under VCT flooring
- Phase 2 conditions – change orders
- Freight Elevator
- TC area
- Equipment room – emergency power
Decisions or Resources Needed: Extensive review of the budget and anticipated spend is underway with extended construction schedule.