Central Campus Construction

Williams Science Hall Update

I thought I would switch gears this week to help inject some excitement on the WSH Renovation Project.  I do have a few alerts for the next couple of weeks, etc., but today’s post includes a pictorial story of where we started at WSH in June 2019, and where we are today.

I hope you all enjoy seeing the incredible transition that has taken and is taking place every day to build this environment.

WSH activities from this week and looking forward:

• Brick paver demo on 1st and 2nd floors  is pushed to start Monday, July 27, from 430-1130pm
    • The plan is to complete this rather noisy work afterhours.
    • The full duration of this effort is expected to last days – all afterhours.   
  • Exhaust System – I am working with Falcon to temporarily shut down the exhaust system to change the filters on Wednesday, July 29, at 7am. This will only take 1 hour.
    • There is also a Variable Frequency Drive (VFD) that is not functioning properly which Falcon will resolve
    • Both the VFD fix and the filter change should improve the current air quality issues that have been reported this week
  • Electrical shutdown of emergency power tentatively planned for Thursday, August 6.
    • CRA pending / full impact to be discussed in Monday’s meeting
    • Strategic is prepared to provide any temp power support that may be needed
  • Air Handler 2 – tentatively scheduled for Saturday, August 8, for delivery and installation
    • CRA pending – 1 day shutdown for tie-in

Questions? Contact Erin Peters.