COVID19 Note: All workers have been advised by UNMC and by Meco-Henne that masks will be required and to continue following the guidelines set forth by the World Health Organization: handwashing, social distancing, self-monitoring and quarantine, etc.. No new cases have been identified/reported.
WSH activities from this week and looking forward:
Elevators and Elevator lobbies:
- Both public elevators are temporarily shut down for construction activities in the lobby ceiling areas
- All floors:
- Hydronic piping for new Air handler underway
- Painters have started priming on the upper floors
- Tiling in the new restrooms is underway – looks great!
- Electrical and plumbing work is ongoing
- IT closets are being outfitted – 4th floor first; 2nd will follow
- Atrium ceiling framing is complete and dry-walled
- Framing of feature wall – North side is in-process
- Phase 1 & 2 final Key meetings to be scheduled week of 6/1
- EPHIS and other exterior work expected to start-up soon (weather permitting)
- Framing for new glass at front entrance and 2nd floor break room area continues
- Only authorized personnel in the construction areas and only with PPE
- Please continue to report any issues (e.g. unexplained odors) as they arise
Schedule & Budget:
- Phase 1 anticipated completion – TBD. A meeting was held with Meco-Henne on 5/18 re: construction delays. More to come.
- Relocation schedule draft in-progress for Phase 2
- Planning for Phase 2 lab work in occupied labs in-progress
- Phase 2 & Substantial Completion is August 2020, pending updates.
- Final completion: Fall 2020, pending updates.
- Budget items: no new issues; change order #4 pricing in process – this pricing will merge with CO #3 due to timing.
- Looking at bringing the 3rd party commissioning contractor onboard