Crane onsite on 42nd St. scheduled for Saturday, May 9, 7:00am to 5:00pm – Street closure required between Dewey & Emile Streets.
The crane will pick and lift the new Air Handler Unit 1 for installation
Elevators and Elevator lobbies:
- Both passenger elevators are were shut down Monday, 4/27 until approx.. the end of Phase 1 (June).
- Elevator lobby above ceiling work to begin, starting on 1st floor. (more updates to come re: other floors)
- Card Access work is moving forward on the elevators
- The Service Elevator was temp shut down on Thursday, 5/7, for card access installation activities
- O’Keefe also fixed a gate that was causing an issue.
- All floors:
- 5th floor concrete demo above former Alumni Relations area complete
- New Air Handler Unit 1 – arriving 5/9 and will be installed
- Drywall is going up on all floors; 3rd and 4th complete – moving down to 1st and 2nd
- Ceiling has started in auditorium
- Electrical and plumbing work is ongoing – new electrical room on 1st floor is live; new panels on 3rd and 5th.
- IT closets are being outfitted – 4th floor first; 2nd will follow
- Phase 1 Key meetings scheduled for week of 5/11 with Todd Bies
- EPHIS and other exterior work expected to start-up soon
- Framing for new glass has begun at front entrance and 2nd floor break room area
- See COVID-19 note above for any related updates. Hand sanitizer stations located at entrances
- Only authorized personnel in the construction areas and only with PPE
- Please continue to report any issues (e.g. unexplained odors) as they arise
Schedule & Budget: No changes at this time.
- Phase 1 anticipated completion – shifting to May; Atrium the end of June
- Relocation schedule draft in-progress for Phase 2
- Planning for Phase 2 lab work in occupied labs in-progress
- Phase 2 & Substantial Completion is August 2020
- Final completion: Fall 2020
- Budget items: no new issues; change order #4 pricing in process