Scheduled Building shut-downs:
- Electrical shut-down: Thursday, April 16 – COMPLETE
- HVAC (Exhaust only) shut-down: 4/17-21 – COMPLETE
Elevators and Elevator lobbies:
- Both passenger elevators are will be shut down
Monday, 4/27 until approx.. the end of Phase 1 (June).
- Elevator lobby above ceiling work to begin, starting on 1st floor. (more updates to come re: other floors)
- Why shut down? The elevators are original to the building (1975) and do not allow us any control on locking out floors or even adjusting the fire recall floor, etc.
- With the reduced population on campus, this is the best time to proceed. Occupants can utilize the central and east stair towers as well as the service elevator
- Card Access work is moving forward on the elevators
- The service elevator is not impacted at this time
Crane onsite on 42nd St. tentatively scheduled for 5/8-9 – Street closure required between Dewey & Emilie Streets. The crane will pick and lift the new Air Handler Unit 1 for installation.
- All floors:
- 4/27 – concrete demo on 5th floor above previous Alumni Relations area this week
- Air Handler Unit 1 – demolition and removal is underway
- Drywall is going up on all floors; 3rd and 4th complete – moving down to 1st and 2nd
- Electrical and plumbing work is ongoing – new electrical room on 1st floor is live
- New exhaust unit connected and running to entire building
- Fire sprinkler system design is complete and installation is in-progress
- Key meetings scheduling in-process for all departments so door hardware can be ordered (Phase 1 first)
- EPHIS and other exterior work expected to start-up in the next few weeks
- Only authorized personnel in the construction areas and only with PPE
- Please continue to report any issues (e.g. unexplained odors) as they arise
Schedule & Budget: No changes at this time.
- Phase 1 anticipated completion – shifting to
May; Atrium the end of June
- Relocation schedule draft in-progress for Phase 2
- Planning for Phase 2 lab work in occupied labs in-progress
- Phase 2 & Substantial Completion is August 2020
- Final completion: Fall 2020
- Budget items: no new issues