WSH activities from this week and looking forward:
Scheduled Building shut-downs:
- Electrical shut-down: Thursday, April 16 – COMPLETE!
- HVAC (Exhaust only) shut-down: Friday, April
17-21 (max) – underway!
- The exhaust impacts fume hoods and restroom exhausts
- Regular supply and return air is not affected nor are building temperatures
Phase 1 update:
- Atrium ceiling still under construction
- The new exhaust unit and fans are in position on the roof and Falcon is working on connecting the equipment to the new ductwork in Phase 1 as well as the existing ductwork in Phase 2.
Elevators and Elevator lobbies:
- Both passenger elevators are planned to be
shut down entirely until the end of Phase 1 (June) to allow elevator lobby
above ceiling work to begin, starting on 1st floor.
- Actual shut down start date is TBD (week of 4/20 or 4/27)
- Why shut down? The elevators are original to the building (1975) and do not allow us any control on locking out floors or even adjusting the fire recall floor, etc.
- With the reduced population on campus, this is the best time to proceed. Occupants can utilize the central and east stairtowers as well as the service elevator
- Card Access work is moving forward on the elevators
- The service elevator is not be impacted at this time
- All floors:
- Drywall is going up on all floors; 3rd and 4th complete – moving down to 1st and 2nd
- Electrical and plumbing work is ongoing – new electrical room on 1st floor is live
- Ductwork insulation is complete
sprinkler system design is complete and installation is in-progress
- 4/18 – General Fire will be onsite to complete work on all floors and in the atrium
- Fire panel will be on hold 7am-4pm (firewatch already active; CRA was held 4/16)
- Signage for Phase 1 ordered (room numbers and stair tower / egress signs only)
- AV has begun ordering equipment
- New IT equipment on campus – install expected late April or early May
- I will be scheduling Key meetings for all departments so door hardware can be ordered
- No definitive date on exterior start-up with current temperatures.
- Southwest corner on 2nd floor is demoed out for new break room area
- Only authorized personnel in the construction areas and only with PPE
- Please continue to report any issues (e.g. unexplained odors) as they arise
Schedule & Budget: No changes at this time.
- Phase 1 anticipated completion – shifting to May;
Atrium the end of June
- Relocation schedule draft in-progress for Phase 2
- Planning for Phase 2 lab work in occupied labs in-progress
- Phase 2 & Substantial Completion is August 2020
- Final completion: Fall 2020
- Budget items: no current issues.