Erin Peters, NCIDQ, LEED AP
Facility Project Management – Sr. Analyst
Facilities Management & Planning
Scheduled Building shut-downs: No change – we are still on schedule for this timeline.
- Electrical shut-down: Thursday, April 16 (8 hours – max)
- Strategic is planning to install generator(s) to power certain panels for the freezers.
- I have completed a spreadsheet of quantities and locations
- HVAC (Exhaust only) shut-down: Friday, April 17-21 (max)
- The exhaust impacts fume hoods and restroom exhausts
- Regular supply and return air is not affected nor are building temperatures
Phase 1 update:
Construction: All trades continue to progress.
- Noise levels are constant and vary day-to-day
- Steel work complete
- Atrium ceiling still under construction (1 more week expected, at least).
- The new exhaust unit has arrived as well as fans. All is being staged near the dock
*The crane will be onsite April 6 and 7, to lift the exhaust equipment to the roof.
- The crane will be located on the East side of the building and will block the dock area for the duration
- If you have scheduled deliveries – please re-schedule 4/8-10 or for the week of 4/13
- All floors:
- Drywall is going up on all floors – inspection pending
- Electrical and plumbing work is ongoing
- Ductwork insulation is in-progress.
- Fire sprinkler system design is complete and installation is in-progress
- Signage for Phase 1 ordered (room numbers and stair tower / egress signs only)
- AV has begun ordering equipment
- I will be scheduling Key meetings for all departments so door hardware can be ordered
- No definitive date on exterior start-up with current temperatures
- Southwest corner on 2nd floor is demoed out for new break room area
- Only authorized personnel in the construction areas and only with PPE
- Please continue to report any issues (e.g. unexplained odors) as they arise
Schedule & Budget:
- Phase 1 anticipated completion – shifting to May; Atrium the end of June
- Relocation schedule draft in-progress for Phase 2
- Phase 2 & Substantial Completion is August 2020
- Final completion: Fall 2020
- Budget items:
- Firewatch – currently absorbing in contingency
- Fume hood infrastructure for teaching and 4th floor vacant labs in SW corner