COVID19 Note: Constructions activities continue on the WSH project. All workers have been advised by UNMC and by Meco-Henne the same guidelines re: handwashing, social distancing, staying home if feeling ill, etc..
WSH activities from this week and looking forward:
Scheduled Building shut-downs: No change – we are still on schedule for this timeline.
Thank you all who have responded with freezer electrical information! If you have not, please send to me ASAP. Thank you!
- Electrical shut-down: Thursday, April 16 (8
hours – max)
- Through our meetings this week we identified the biggest concerns are for all freezers / refrigerators.
team will devise a plan for the shut-down – more to come, but looking at
installing generators to power certain panels for the freezers.
- I have completed a spreadsheet of quantities and locations
- HVAC (Exhaust only) shut-down: Friday, April
- The exhaust impacts fume hoods and restroom exhausts
- Regular supply and return air is not affected nor are building temperatures
Phase 1 update:
Construction: Not much change this week. All trades continue to progress.
- Noise levels are constant and vary day-to-day
- Welding smells have been consistent with all of
the steel work
- Atrium ceiling still under construction (2 more weeks expected).
- The new exhaust unit has arrived – fans are expected to ship any day
*We are making preparations for a crane to be onsite the first week of April, 4/6, to lift the exhaust equipment to the roof.
- The crane will be located on the East side of the building and will block the dock area for the duration
- If you have scheduled deliveries – please re-schedule for the week of 4/13
- All floors:
- Drywall is going up on all floors – inspection pending
- Electrical and plumbing work is ongoing
- Ductwork insulation is in-progress.
- Fire sprinkler system design is complete and installation is in-progress.
- No definitive date on exterior start-up with current temperatures
- Only authorized personnel in the construction areas and only with PPE
- Please continue to report any issues (e.g. unexplained odors) as they arise
Schedule & Budget:
- Phase 1 anticipated completion – shifting to
May; Atrium the end of June
- Relocation schedule draft in-progress for Phase 2
- Phase 2 & Substantial Completion is August 2020
- Final completion: Fall 2020
- Budget items:
- Firewatch – currently absorbing in contingency
- Fume hood infrastructure for teaching and 4th floor vacant labs in SW corner