WSH activities from this week and looking forward:
Scheduled Building shut-downs:
- Electrical shut-down: Thursday, April 16 (8
- Through our meetings this week we identified the biggest concerns are for all freezers / refrigerators.
- The team will devise a plan for the shut-down – more to come!
- HVAC (Exhaust only) shut-down: Friday, April
- The exhaust impacts fume hoods and restroom exhausts
- Regular supply and return air is not affected
Phase 1 update:
- Noise levels are constant and vary day-to-day
- Welding smells have been consistent with all of the steel work
- Scaffolding in the atrium was installed to begin construction of new ceiling in the atrium – will remain in place for the next 2-3 weeks.
- The new exhaust unit has arrived – fans are expected in the next 2 weeks.
*We are making preparations for a crane to be onsite the first week of April to lift the exhaust equipment to the roof. More to come!
- All floors:
- Metal stud framing, walls and ceiling soffits, and drywall is being hung
- Electrical and plumbing rough-ins – copper water line installation and conduit is ongoing
- Ductwork insulation is in-progress – 2 successful pressure tests this past week.
- Fire sprinkler system design is complete and installation is in-progress.
- As we start to have consistently warmer temperatures, exterior work (especially on the North and West facades) will begin again.
- A boom truck is onsite to lift steel to support rooftop equipment.
- Only authorized personnel in the construction areas and only with PPE
- Please continue to report any issues (e.g. unexplained odors) as they arise
Schedule & Budget:
- Phase 1 anticipated completion June 2020
time on glass railings should not impact occupant relocations as this affects
the 1st and 2nd floors only.
- 3rd and 4th floor glass has a shorter timeframe
- Lead time on glass railings should not impact occupant relocations as this affects the 1st and 2nd floors only.
- Phase 2 & Substantial Completion is August 2020
- Final completion: Fall 2020
- Budget items:
- Firewatch – currently absorbing in contingency
- Fume hood infrastructure for teaching and 4th floor vacant labs in SW corner