By Erin Peters, facilities
Scheduled Building shut-downs – updated information:
- Electrical shut-down: Thursday, April 16 (8 hours)
- Through our meetings this week we identified the biggest concerns are for all freezers / refrigerators.
- The team will devise a plan for the shut-down – more to come!
- HVAC (Exhaust only) shut-down: Friday, April 17-21 (max)
- The exhaust impacts fume hoods and restroom exhausts
- Regular supply and return air is not affected
Phase 1 update:
- Noise levels are constant and vary day-to-day
- Welding smells have been consistent with all of the steel work
- Scaffolding in the atrium was installed to begin construction of new ceiling in the atrium
- The new exhaust unit arrives Monday or Tuesday next week
- Water Shutdown from 2/29 went smoothly and is
- I understand there was a hot water issue, but it has been resolved.
- All floors:
- Demolition in atrium is ongoing
- Metal stud framing, walls and ceiling soffits, and drywall is being hung
- Electrical and plumbing rough-ins – copper water line installation and conduit is ongoing
- Ductwork insulation is in-progress
- Fire sprinkler system design is complete and installation is in-progress
- As we start to have consistently warmer temperatures, exterior work (especially on the North and West facades) will begin again.
- Only authorized personnel in the construction areas and only with PPE
- Please continue to report any issues (e.g. unexplained odors) as they arise
Schedule & Budget:
- Phase 1 anticipated completion June 2020
time on glass railings should not impact occupant relocations as this affects
the 1st and 2nd floors only.
- 3rd and 4th floor glass has a shorter timeframe
fan and AHUs – March 9-13, approximate
- Exhaust transition to new unit April 17-20, approximate
- Lead time on glass railings should not impact occupant relocations as this affects the 1st and 2nd floors only.
- Phase 2 & Substantial Completion is August 2020
- Final completion: Fall 2020
- Budget items:
- Firewatch – currently absorbing in contingency
- Fume hood infrastructure for teaching and 4th floor vacant labs in SW corner
- Furniture plans are starting – more to come!