WSH activities from this week and looking forward:
Phase 1 update:
- Noise levels are constant and vary day-to-day
- All floors:
- Demolition in atrium is ongoing
- Metal stud framing, walls and ceiling soffits, and drywall is being hung
- Steel for feature wall in atrium and for roof support of new AHUs – delivery tomorrow, Jan 11.
- Ductwork installation (supply/exhaust) has extended in to the atrium space to connect to the main vertical shaft by the existing restrooms
- Electrical and plumbing rough-ins – copper water line installation has begun
- Fire sprinkler system design is in-progress
- Only authorized personnel in the construction areas and only with PPE
- Please continue to report any issues (e.g. unexplained odors) as they arise
- Gas line tap complete.
Schedule & Budget:
- Phase 1 anticipated completion June 2020
- Exhaust fan and AHUs – Spring 2020
- Phase 1 / Phase 2 initial transition schedule and planning has begun
- Phase 1 completion is anticipated for April/May 2020, while the atrium space will extend to June.
- Phase 2 & Substantial Completion is August 2020
- Final completion: Fall 2020
- Budget items:
- Firewatch – currently absorbing in contingency
- Fume hood infrastructure for teaching and 4th floor vacant labs in SW corner