Phase 1 update:
Construction: Not much change this week.
- Noise levels are constant and vary day-to-day
- There has been an increase in noise due to the new construction walls going up – this is temporary
- Core drilling is happening; electrical is complete, but the plumbing contractors are in progress – first UNMC inspection / head test complete yesterday 10/24
- Metal stud framing and drywall underway on all floors
- Ductwork installation underway on all floors
- Exploring a relocation for Alumni Relations to former Eon School space for access to major vertical shaft needed to provide air to 4th floor phase 1
- L1 – trench dug for new plumbing to service new restrooms – concrete pour-back within the next 2 weeks
- Greenhouse demo complete by end of October / early November
- Construction Phase 1 perimeter is in-process
- 3rd and 4th floors are complete
- 2nd floor is partially complete – working on the plan for minimal south entrance closure and critical HVAC work
- EVS closet relocation to 3rd floor
- Alexey office – relocation to 3017, possibly
- 1st floor underway
- Only authorized personnel in the construction areas and only with PPE
Exterior Work: No change.
- North side is currently underway. This area requires a lot of scaffolding to reach challenging areas. There is a tunnel in place for pedestrians – please follow signs and stay within the safe areas when using this entrance/exit. Once the EIFS work is compete, the scaffolding will come down.
Other issues/items: Not at this time.
Schedule & Budget: No change at this time.
- Phase 1 anticipated completion was April 2020, at this time, incorporating Phase Final items is expected to push out ~60 days (June 2020)
- Exhaust fan and AHUs – Spring 2020
- Budget items: no change
- Increased number of WAPs and impact – budget submitted
- Minor floor plan changes reviewed, final, and moving forward
- Fume hood ductwork for teaching lab