Phase 1 update:
- Noise levels are constant and vary day-to-day
- Metal stud framing underway on all floors
- L1 – trench dug for new plumbing to service new restrooms
- Construction Phase 1 perimeter was laid out and is in-process
- Meco-Henne will start on 3rd and 4th floors, followed by 1st floor, and 2nd floor will be last
- 2nd floor will not start before 10/14 – the new wall will close the South entrance from use!!
- Only authorized personnel in the construction areas and only with PPE
- North side is currently underway. This area requires a lot of scaffolding to reach challenging areas. There is a tunnel in place for pedestrians – please follow signs and stay within the safe areas when using this entrance/exit. Once the EIFS work is compete, the scaffolding will come down.
- None currently.
Schedule & Budget:
- Phase 1 anticipated completion is April of 2020
- Factor in atrium incorporation – this may cause “Phase 1” to shift as we incorporate part of Phase Final.
- Exhaust fan and AHUs – Spring 2020
- Budget items
- HVAC Controls – this item is, for the most part, resolved.
- Increased number of WAPs and impact – budget submitted
- Minor floor plan changes reviewed, final, and moving forward
- Fume hood ductwork for teaching lab