Phase 1 update:
- Noise levels are constant and vary day-to-day
- Building “sweat” update – L1 and L2 – we continue to monitor the ceiling tiles, but have not had to replace any since ductwork was insulated.
- Metal stud framing underway on all floors
- L1 – trench dug for new plumbing to service new restrooms
- Construction Phase 1 perimeter will move in the next couple of weeks to capture the atrium space
- More to come on this as the team evaluates the new perimeter and exiting for occupants
- CRA for steam shut-down scheduled for 9/25 – work is scheduled for Friday, 10/4.
- Only authorized personnel in the construction areas and only with PPE
- There is a separate project replacing concrete along 42nd, please walk carefully and be mindful of construction tape.
- South side, Area 2, is underway and moving around to the East, Area 3.
- IT is still investigating wifi/connectivity issues for a building occupant
- Our TSQC team members have moved out of the building
Schedule & Budget:
- Phase 1 anticipated completion is April of 2020
- Factor in atrium incorporation
- Exhaust fan and AHUs – Spring 2020
- Budget items
- HVAC Controls
- Increased number of WAPs and impact – TBD
- Minor floor plan changes under review (L2 and 3)
- Fume hood ductwork for teaching lab