On the morning of June 3, 2019, construction will begin and the dock, tunnel and skywalk to University Tower will close until winter of 2020.
- Hausmann Construction will be installing temporary signage to direct traffic around the construction site. Crews will then begin installing temporary walls at the ends of each corridor to accommodate the removal of the connector and facilitate the new building foundations.
- See attached drawings for clarification and alternate routes (Wittson UT Alternate Route). Underground tunnel access is also available from University Tower to Eppley Science Hall. You would then proceed outside briefly and enter Wittson Hall through the north entrance.
- Main Entrance to Wittson Hall at 42nd Street will remain open until summer of 2020.
- The McGoogan Library, located on floors 6-8 of Wittson Hall is closed. The library will remain closed until renovation is complete, with anticipated reopening in 2020. Questions related to library services: https://www.unmc.edu/library/about/renofaq.html
- Temporary locations listed below:
- E-Learning Lab with be located at the Maurer College of Public Health, room 2009, and will open May 28. Card access is required. Questions related to the E-Learning Lab: https://www.unmc.edu/elearning/about/contact-us.html
- Sonography Lab will be located at Michael Sorrell Center (Clinical Skills Lab, Room 1032).
- Writing Center will be located at Student Life Center, level 2. Building hours are 6 AM to 6 PM. Card access will be required after hours.
- VERT Room on level 8 (Room 8017) to remain open during construction until new room on level 6 is completed. Temporary location will be accessible from the Service Elevators. Card access is required.
Construction Schedule: This will be a multi-phased project and below are tentative construction dates.
- Wigton Heritage Center: Begin June 2019.
- Wittson Hall Renovation:
- Level 2: Begin Summer of 2020 (except for public restrooms to be renovated summer of 2019).
- Level 3 and 4:
- Amphitheater demolition and new conference room construction to begin June 2019.
- Labs and corridor work to resume spring of 2020.
- McGoogan Library of Medicine (WH Levels 6-8): Begin June 2019.
For any vibration or noise, issues please call.
- 1st – Chris Ehlers at 402.619.1574
- 2nd – Joe with Hausmann 402.613.1239
- 3rd – Brian with Hausmann at 402.250.5980
If you have any questions, please contact Chris Ehlers or Mandy Wetterberg with Facilities.
- Chris Ehlers at 402-619-1574 or by email at email@example.com.
- Mandy Wetterberg at 402-552-3944 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for your cooperation in this matter.