Anesthesiology

Welcome, Danielle Beebe!

Name: Danielle Beebe

Hometown: York, Neb.

Start date: January 29, 2018

Tell us a bit about what you do here at UNMC.

I’m the Department of Anesthesiology’s Communications Specialist, meaning it’s my job to be up in everyone’s business. I get to learn about all the impactful and exciting things happening within our department and share them via the (upcoming) newsletter, website, social media or blog. I am also helping the education team in producing eLearning Modules.

What do you like about working at UNMC?

There are so many things I almost don’t know where to start. First and foremost is the passion, determination and kindness demonstrated by every team member I’ve met in the department. The people at UNMC are fantastic and made me feel at home right away. I’m very thankful to be surrounded by such inspiring greatness on a daily basis.

I also appreciate the buzz of a higher education campus. Nearly anything you could want is at your fingertips. It promotes growth, creativity and exploration.

What did you do before joining us?

Prior to working at UNMC I worked for the Nebraska Lottery. It was my responsibility to manage the events team, sponsor Nebraska organizations, manage social media, produce press releases, help with giveaways, and more. I worked there nearly four years and the thing that never got old was handing over the big checks. Each lottery winner had a unique story that led them to their win, and many had very heartwarming stories of what they planned to do with their windfall of cash.

Further back in time I worked for a company called News Link that executed communication strategies for major railroads all over the United States. I have a Bachelor’s of Journalism from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. 

What do you like to do for fun?

Outside of work you can usually find me on my road bike, my fat-tire bike, in a kayak, or with a tennis racket in my hands. My fiancé, Cayla, and I love to cook almost as much as we love to eat. We also have a cat, Steve McBoots, who will cuddle and play fetch for hours on end.