Award Amount: $100,000
Pre-Application Deadline: July 28, 2015
Link to RFA
The goal of the FY15 LCRP is to eradicate deaths from lung cancer to better the health and welfare of military Service members, Veterans, their families, and the American public. As such, the LCRP will support and integrate research from multiple disciplines for risk assessment, prevention, early detection, diagnosis, and treatment for the control and cure of lung cancer.
FY15 LCRP Areas of Emphasis
To be considered for funding, applications for the FY15 LCRP Concept Award must address at least one of the seven Areas of Emphasis listed below:
- Identify or develop noninvasive or minimally invasive tools to improve the detection of the initial stages of lung cancer.
- Identify, develop, and/or build upon already existing tools for screening or early detection of lung cancer. Screening may include, but is not limited to imaging modalities, biomarkers, genetics/genomics/proteomics/metabolomics/transcriptomics, and assessment of risk factors.
- Understand the molecular mechanisms of progression to clinically significant lung cancer.
- Understand the molecular mechanisms that lead to various subtypes of lung cancer.
- Identify innovative strategies for prevention and treatment of early and/or localized lung cancer.
- Understand predictive and prognostic markers to identify responders and nonresponders.
- Understand susceptibility or resistance to treatment.
Deadline: July 01, 2015 and August 12, 2015
Round 9 Grants: up to $190,000 for 18 months
New Connections Grants: up to $100,000 for 12-18 months
This call for proposals (CFP) is for two types of awards aimed at providing advocates, decision-makers, and policymakers with evidence to reverse the childhood obesity epidemic. The award types are: Round 9 grants and RWJF New Connections grants awarded through the Healthy Eating Research program.
You can learn more about Healthy Eating Research at healthyeatingresearch.org.
Link to RFA
Pre-Applications due: June 17, 2015
Career Catalyst Research (CCR) Grants
Postdoctoral Fellowships (PDF)
Graduate Training in Disparities Research (GTDR) Grants
Career Catalyst Research Grants. Open to junior faculty members with no more than six years of experience within their faculty appointment. Up to $300k over 2 years or $450k over 3 years. Two focus areas: Clinical Research and Basic/Translational. Read more…
Postdoctoral Fellowships. Open to postdoctoral fellows who have completed their doctoral degree, and no more than 5 years after the date of their degree confirmation (or 5 years after completion of their residency for physicians). Up to $120k over 2 years or $180k over 3 years. Two focus areas: Clinical Research and Basic/Translational. Read more…
Graduate Training in Disparities Research Grants. Open to researchers with a doctoral degree at academic institutions who are conducting breast cancer disparities research and are committed to support a training program with a minimum of 3 graduate students/trainees (those in a masters and/or doctoral program) per year. Up to $135k/year up to 3 years (total of $405k). Read More…