News & Events

Laura Aust

Laura Aust

Student Highlight – Laura Aust 

Hometown- Omaha, NE

Degree program/concentration- Master of Public Health in Health Administration

What brought you to public health? – I think my prior experience working as a psychometrist, as well as working in healthcare, inspired me to learn about other ways that I can contribute to the health needs of a community. Before I worked in psychology, I was part of the College of Nursing Smoking Cessation Research. It was there that I first learned about Public Health and the vast number of opportunities available to help people in the field. I have a passion for helping people and making a difference in the lives of others. A career in Public Health allows me to make an impact in the betterment of my community and beyond.

What do you like most about COPH? – I really enjoy the staff and students at COPH. Everyone is very friendly and welcoming. I have no trouble finding a study buddy.

What are your career goals after graduation? – I want to work where I can incorporate the experience I have acquired over the past 3 years as a psychometrist and as a Public Health professional to improve the health services available for older adults.

3 things people may not know about you.

• One of my first jobs was a gymnastics instructor.
  • I was once in a hot wing eating contest.
  • I don’t like the poinsettia flower.