Improve your skills this summer by taking a PubMed or RefWorks class through the McGoogan Library. Classes will be held in the library’s computer training room on the 8th floor of Wittson Hall. To sign up for these classes please register online. To request an individual session or for questions about these classes, contact Teresa Hartman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Whether you are a new PubMed user or want to improve your basic skills, this course will prepare you for effective searching for peer-reviewed journal articles. Topics include:
- Constructing effective citation searches
- Locating the articles through the McGoogan Library collection
- Setting up alerts to keep up with the research.
Available dates are:
- July 5 – 1 to 3 p.m.
- July 12 – 9:30 to 11a.m.
- July 19 – 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- July 26 – 8 to 9:30 a.m.
This class is open to all UNMC and The Nebraska Medical Center personnel and students.
Those who attend will create their own free RefWorks accounts through the McGoogan Library’s RefWorks site license. Learn how to do all of the following and more by attending our hands-on RefWorks Basic Training Class.
- Create a searchable database from your MEDLINE, CINAHL, PsycINFO and Google Scholar search results.
- Use that database to insert citations and create bibliographies in your papers in just minutes.
- Reformat your paper for submission to a new journal in seconds!
Available dates are:
- July 14 – 9 to 10:30 a.m.
- July 21 – 1 to 2:30 p.m.
This class is open to UNMC faculty, staff, and students only.
If you are graduating and will soon be leaving UNMC, you can take your RefWorks account with you through the RefWorks Alumni Program. The new account includes access to RefWorks, RefShare, and Write-n-Cite. The Alumni Program accounts do not include “Check for UNMC full-text” buttons, so if you will be staying at UNMC, you should not switch to this account.
To get an Alumni account:
- Contact Cindy Schmidt (email@example.com, 402-559-7077 or toll free at 1-866-800-5209) to request instructions for creating your Alumni Program account.
- Please provide information about your dates of attendance and program affiliation.
- Cindy will need to verify this information before she can send you instructions for establishing an account.
For more information, see the RefWorks Tips, Tricks, and Guides page.
Create a searchable database from your MEDLINE, CINAHL, and PsycINFO search results. Use that database to insert citations and create bibliographies in your papers in just minutes. Reformat your paper for submission to a new journal in seconds. Learn how to do all this and more by attending our hands-on, RefWorks Basic Training Class. Those who attend will create their own RefWorks accounts (for free) through the McGoogan Library’s RefWorks site license. This class is open to all UNMC faculty, staff, and students and UNMC volunteer faculty. The RefWorks Basic Training Class will be held in the 8th floor Wilson Training room and will be offered on:
- Friday, February 25 from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 30 from 1 to 2:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 26 from 9 to 10:30 a.m.
To register for these classes, e-mail Cindy Schmidt at firstname.lastname@example.org with your preference.
If you cannot attend these classes, please contact Cindy to schedule a one-on-one or group consultation. Tutorials are also available on the RefWorks site.