Search across all of the library’s ‘Access’ products in one place on mhmedical.com!
MHMedical.com now serves as a centralized location for many of the new and enhanced features of AccessMedicine, AccessPharmacy, AccessSurgery, AccessEmergencyMedicine, and OMMBID. .
Here are some of the exciting features you will find on mhmedical.com:
- Responsive Design for Mobile – The browser automatically adapts to the device being used, ensuring a great viewing experience no matter what device is used.
- Federated Search – The library’s subscriptions to AccessMedicine, AccessPharmacy, AccessSurgery, AccessEmergencyMedicine, and OMMBID are organized into one federated collection, eliminating the need to search individual sites. Finding information from all the library’s subscribed ‘Access’ titles, including Harrison’s Online, CMDT, Schwartz’s Principles of Surgery, Tintinalli’s Emergency Medicine, Pharmacotherapy: A Pathophysiologic Approach, and more will be easier and faster, giving you more time to dedicate to patients, research, or studies.
- Log In Remotely Using Just Your ‘My Access’ Account – No VPNs or extra logins required! Simply create a My Access account while logged in to your institutional subscription to access content whenever and wherever you are. Access saved images and care plans across all subscribed AccessProducts using your My Access account.
The library is pleased to announce that it is now able to subscribe to the complete library of Springer Journal titles. By joining the LYRASIS consortium, a group of libraries working together to find better pricing through group negotiation, McGoogan is now able to enter into this offer. Currently the library subscribes to 15 Springer titles. This journal package contains over 1700 titles. A full title list and description of the package deal can be viewed here.
The journals will be accessible through the library home page by searching in the catalog for a journal title or by searching under the ‘online journals’ tab.
Funded in partnership with the UNMC Department of Family Medicine, we bring you VisualDx – a unique mobile and desktop application for diagnostic accuracy, patient engagement, and medical education. All UNMC and TNMC clinical faculty and staff can access this powerful tool featuring more than 30,000 medical images and specialist-level knowledge to help diagnose, treat, and manage over 1,300 visually identifiable diseases, drug reactions, and infections.
In just seconds, VisualDx allows you to visually validate a patient’s diagnosis, quickly access next steps for management and patient care, see the differential as you enter patient findings, and provide on-the-spot patient education with real medical images a patient can relate to.
For your convenience, we have established several access points to VisualDx:
Be sure to get your mobile access for iPads, iPhones, and Android devices. To learn more about VisualDx view the product overview.
The 2014 Physicians’ Desk Reference is available for download. The download is offered as both a desktop and mobile application and can be used offline or as a live, web-based reference.
However, Dailymed is also available online, as a free government supported resource. It’s a compilation of package inserts also but manufacturers don’t have to pay to be included so it includes most available generics.
After suggestions and discussions with students, review books will now be able to be checked out for one week, with one one-week renewal. Additionally, to all review books will be moved to the review book shelves on the 6th floor. The checkout period begins immediately, though the location change will happen gradually.
In addition to the print review books, the library also has several online review resources:
- PANCE/PANRE Certification Review
- Dental Subject Review for NBDE Part I
- Pharmacy Review (NAPLEX)
- Medical Certification
- Medical Subject Review
First Aid Test Prep Series
- Clinical library self-assessments and imaging tests
- Discipline specific tests
- USMLE® Easy™ Sneak Peek