Due to a connectivity problem between Google Scholar and the library’s product used for journal access, links to the library’s full-text collection will be unavailable within Google Scholar until Thursday, November 27. Though the connectivity issue has been fixed, scheduled Google updates will not occur until that time.
Researching a topic in the social sciences and PubMed isn’t quite retrieving relevant results? The library subscribes to two databases that delve in to the social sciences literature, Social Services Abstracts and Sociological Abstracts. Next time you are researching a topic with social implications, turn to these two databases.
Social Services Abstracts
- Community and mental health services
- Crisis intervention
- The family and social welfare
- Poverty and homelessness
- Professional issues in social work
- Social and health policy
- Social services in addiction
- Social work education
- Social work practice
- Support groups/networks
- Violence, abuse, neglect
- Welfare services
- Culture and social structure
- Demography and human biology
- Economic development
- Environmental interactions
- Evaluation research
- Family and social welfare
- Health and medicine and law
- History and theory of sociology
- Management and complex organizations
- Mass phenomena and political interactions
- Methodology and research technology
- Policy, planning, forecast, and speculation
- Radical sociology
- Religion and science
- Rural and urban sociology
- Social development
- Social differentiation
- Social psychology and group interaction
- Sociology of the arts, business, education
- Studies in violence and power
- Substance abuse and addiction
- Welfare services
- Women’s studies
Writing Support by Grammarly@EDU grammar check tool is now available to all UNMC students, staff, and faculty. Grammarly@EDU is an automated grammar tutor and writing revision tool for academic writing. Use your UNMC email to register at Grammarly.com/EDU.
A web-based application, Grammarly@EDU works one-on-one with a you to develop sentence-level writing skills, prevent plagiarism, and reinforce proper revision habits. Upload drafts of your papers to Grammarly@EDU to receive immediate instructional feedback on over 100 points of grammar and double-check if all sources are properly cited!
Automated Grammar Tutor
Patent-pending technology identifies problem areas in student writing, and delivers instant instructional feedback on over 100 points of grammar.
Engaging user-interface transforms the revision of text into a learning session that is both structured and connected to students’ immediate writing challenges.
Originality detection technology allows students to check their own work for improper citation or potential plagiarism by comparing it against a database of 10+ billion documents.
The National Library of Medicine has created a site linking various information resources on Ebola. The resources include:
Search across all of the library’s ‘Access’ products in one place on mhmedical.com!
MHMedical.com now serves as a centralized location for many of the new and enhanced features of AccessMedicine, AccessPharmacy, AccessSurgery, AccessEmergencyMedicine, and OMMBID. .
Here are some of the exciting features you will find on mhmedical.com:
- Responsive Design for Mobile – The browser automatically adapts to the device being used, ensuring a great viewing experience no matter what device is used.
- Federated Search – The library’s subscriptions to AccessMedicine, AccessPharmacy, AccessSurgery, AccessEmergencyMedicine, and OMMBID are organized into one federated collection, eliminating the need to search individual sites. Finding information from all the library’s subscribed ‘Access’ titles, including Harrison’s Online, CMDT, Schwartz’s Principles of Surgery, Tintinalli’s Emergency Medicine, Pharmacotherapy: A Pathophysiologic Approach, and more will be easier and faster, giving you more time to dedicate to patients, research, or studies.
- Log In Remotely Using Just Your ‘My Access’ Account – No VPNs or extra logins required! Simply create a My Access account while logged in to your institutional subscription to access content whenever and wherever you are. Access saved images and care plans across all subscribed AccessProducts using your My Access account.