AccessMedicine content is now available via a downloadable app for Apple and Android phones and tablets.
To get access to the app:
- Log in to AccessMedicine on a desktop or laptop computer via the library’s website (find the link under Quick Links –> Clinical Resources.
- Create a My Access account by clicking on the icon located on the upper right hand corner of the page.
- Download the app from your device’s app store and use your My Access account logon information to access content.
- Log in to your My Access account from a desktop or laptop computer every 90 days to retain access to the app.
AccessMedicine is available to all UNMC faculty, staff, and students. The other Access products are available via the mobile web.
The 2014 Physicians’ Desk Reference is available for download. The download is offered as both a desktop and mobile application and can be used offline or as a live, web-based reference.
However, Dailymed is also available online, as a free government supported resource. It’s a compilation of package inserts also but manufacturers don’t have to pay to be included so it includes most available generics.
Need to quickly charge your device and don’t have your charging cables? The library now provides quick charging stations, which are compatible with most phones and tablets. Cables include four sizes of Apple, 2 micro USB, and one mini USB. The charging stations are located at the library’s front desk on the 6th floor and in front of the Sorrell convenience store. Please note that the library is not responsible for lost or stolen devices or for technical malfunctions.
Due to technical issues in the Apple app store, the free Micromedex Drug Information app is requiring a password. While this problem is being fixed, a temporary solution has been found.
- Log into Micromedex from the library’s website
- Click on Mobile Micromedex, which is near the upper left-hand corner of the screen
- Scroll down to find the information on the Micromedex Drug Interactions app. The password required for this app should work for the free drug information app.
Micromedex is currently working with the Apple app store to make the free app available again.
The UpToDate mobile app is now available for iPhone and Android devices, in addition to Windows 8 tablets. To access the app, you must first have an UpToDate account. To register, click on the red Login/Register button, located on the upper right-hand side of the screen. You must be using a desktop or laptop computer.
Once you have registered, or if you already have an account, download the app from your respective app store and use that registration username and password to access the app contents.
To maintain access to UpToDate and to continue to be able to access UpToDate remotely and through the local mobile application, your affiliation with needs to be verified periodically.