BrowZine helps you organize your favorite journals and take them anywhere you go.
Summer is time to catch up on your reading, no matter where you are. BrowZine is an app, licensed by the library, the allows you to read library subscribed journals on your tablet or smartphone. Simply download the free app, set your institution to University of Nebraska Medical Center, and log in with your UNMC Net ID to access thousands of full-text journals.
Don’t want to sift through thousands of journals each time you view the app? No problem! Set up a bookshelf!
Not sure when new articles are published in your favorite journals? Get push notifications!
The app is available on all iPads, iPhones, and iPod Touch devices running iOS 7.x and above, Android Tablets and Smartphones with OS v4.1+, and Kindle Fire HD Tablets.
Watch the video to see BrowZine in action.
JoVE, a video-based journal, can now be accessed by the UNMC community on Apple and Android mobile devices. Additionally, a mobile accessible website is available.
To access JoVE content in the app:
- Create a personal JoVE account on the JoVE website. A UNMC email address is required for registration and access.
- Confirm the registration, which will be sent to your email address.
- Download the app from the app store.
- Log in with your UNMC email address and JoVE password.
The library subscribes to the following JoVE journals:
- Clinical and translational medicine
- Immunology and infection
The library is sponsoring BrowZine, a new application that allows you to browse, read and monitor many of the library’s scholarly journals from your Android and iOS mobile devices. All in a format optimized for your tablet and smartphone! Built to accompany your searching needs, items found in BrowZine can easily be synced up with Zotero, Mendeley, RefWorks, Dropbox or other services to help keep all of your information together in one place.
To learn more, please take a look at this short two-minute video: http://vimeo.com/75971786?autoplay=1
With BrowZine, you can:
– Browse and read journals: Browse journals by subject, easily review tables of contents, and download full articles
– Create your own bookshelf: Add journals to your personal bookshelf and be notified when new articles are published
– Save and export articles: Save articles for off-line reading or export to services such as DropBox, Mendeley, RefWorks, Zotero, Papers and more
To learn more and start using BrowZine today, visit http://unmc.libguides.com/browzine.
Getting started is easy! From your Android or iOS device, find BrowZine in the Apple App, Google Play or Amazon App store and download it for free. When initially launching BrowZine, select University of Nebraska Medical Center from the drop down list. Enter your UNMC Net ID. Start exploring BrowZine!
The following journals are currently being ordered and will be available in 2015. Once they are processed, they will appear in the library’s online journal list.
- Current Molecular Medicine
- Expert Opinion on Drug Delivery
- International Psychogeriatrics
- Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism
- Journal of Health Politics, Policy and Law
- Journal of Palliative Medicine
- Journal of Physical Activity & Health
- Journal of Wound Care
- Nanomedicine (London/UK)
Nature has made research articles in all of its journals free to read without a subscription. Articles, however, cannot be downloaded or printed without a subscription or purchase. Nature also permits subscribers of its journals to create links to accessible full-text for sharing purposes. Additionally, Nature will allow journalists to post links to full-text articles. This change is considered a move toward increased open access. For more information, please read an article in the Chronicle of Higher Education and from Nature.